We survived the storm. It was windy - even had white caps in the marina! We could have left Thursday but decided to hang out an extra day before heading south. Besides, Melissa wanted a pedicure and do some provisioning. We decided to fuel up because the price was going up almost 10% the next day when they get the next delivery.
It was a rainy start to the day on the way to Tribune Bay on Hornby Island - about halfway to Nanaimo. The next morning was gorgeous, though.
The bay is huge. It could easily hold a hundred boats or more. It is very popular - we counted 21 boats. The closest boat is 400 feet away so feels very private. We plan to spend a couple days - maybe longer if the winds don’t switch to the south which would make this anchorage rather uncomfortable.